Last Game: Dressed but did not play on Nov. 26 at TBL
SHUTTING THE DOOR
- Talbot is the second Rangers goalie in franchise history to post at least four shutouts in his first 23 NHL starts (Lorne Chabot recorded four shutouts in his first eight starts and six in his first 23 starts in the Rangers inaugural season of 1926-27)
- Talbot is the third goalie in franchise history to register at least four shutouts in his first 23 starts with the Rangers (John Ross Roach - 9 in 1928-29; Chabot - 6 in 1926-27)
In his tenure with the Rangers, Talbot has become the first...
- Rangers goalie to post two shutouts in his first six career starts since 1926-27 (Chabot and Hal Winkler)
- Rangers goalie to win six straight decisions in his first year since Jim Henry in 1941-42
- NHL goalie to hold opponents to two or fewer goals in each of his first seven starts since Frank Brimsek with Boston in 1938-39 (first 12 starts)
The old saying in hockey is 'weather the storm.' I put the notion in their heads that we don't want to weather the storm, we want to push just as hard and matched their work ethic. I thought our guys exceeded that in the first period.
— Edmonton Oilers coach Dallas Eakins after their loss to the Nashville Predators on Thursday