NHL Playoff Notes:
- Set franchise records for points (3g-1a-4pts) and plus-minus rating (+5) by a rookie in a playoff series in the 2012 Western Conference Quarterfinal against Detroit.
- Scored two goals, including the game winner, in his NHL playoff debut Game One of the WCQ vs. Detroit.
- Was the third player in the previous 14 years to tally two goals in their NHL playoff debut.
Additional Playoff/Championship Notes:
- In 2011, led Milwaukee in Calder Cup Playoff goals (7) and points (13) and ranked second on the team in postseason plus/minus (+7).
- Helped Moncton win the 2010 President s Trophy as QMJHL Champions and advance to the 2010 Memorial Cup.
- Awarded the 2010 Guy Lafleur Trophy as playoff MVP after leading skates in goals (19) and ranking third in points (29) in 21 games played during the postseason.
- Earned a silver medal with Team Canada at the 2010 World Junior Championship.
I definitely think going back down helped me, I had a lot of confidence down there, I played a lot of minutes and I think that helped me a lot. With the 37 games up here, that gave me experience as well. I know what it takes to play in the NHL and now it's time for me to show that I'm capable of being a full-time NHL player.
— Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl on finishing the 2014-15 season in juniors after playing 37 games with Edmonton to begin the season