2013-14: • Missed the final 10 games of the season with broken ribs (3/27-4/13)
• Finished 1st among Sabres defenseman in goals (9), as well as 2nd in assists (13) and points (22) • Finished 2nd among Sabres skaters in average TOI (21:53) • Recorded two points (1+1) at TBL (3/6) • Tallied three points (1+2) and was a plus- three vs. SJS (2/28)
• Netted two goals vs. CBJ (1/18) • Served a three-game suspension (1/9-1/14)
• Contributed a goal at MIN (1/2) and vs. BOS (2/26) • Registered an assist, five shots on goal and four hits at TOR (12/27) • Contributed a pair of assists over 24:10 TOI vs. TOR (11/29)
• Notched a power play goal at PHI (11/21)
• Registered his second career fighting major along with a career-high 11 PIM at LAK (11/7)
• Scored his first goal of the season vs. ANA (11/2)
• Credited with an assist, four hits and four blocked shots vs. DAL (10/28)
• Logged a season-high 27:55 TOI and tallied an assist for his first point of the season at NYI (10/15)
WHL West Second All-Star Team (2009) NHL All-Rookie Team (2010) Calder Memorial Trophy (2010)
Signed as a free agent by Klagenfurt (Austria), October 15, 2012.
I'm just excited about the opportunity. I've been on the ice earlier than usual and in the weight room, pushing around a little more weights than usual. Every day I go into a workout with a smile on my face and ready to go. When you do have a little more responsibility, you want to take your lunch pail and get ready to work.
— Brian Elliott to Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch on being the Blues' No. 1 goalie