- Suffered a hand injury on Oct. 23 at Boston and placed on injured reserve Oct. 25 (retroactive)
- Removed from injured reserve on Nov. 13 after missing eight games
- Recorded points in four straight games (1g/3a), interrupted by injury, from Oct. 21 - Nov. 15
- Missed two games due to a lower-body injury suffered Dec. 6 at Ottawa
- Missed a game due to an upper-body injury on Jan. 6 at Vancouver
- Had three assists on Jan. 16 vs. Pittsburgh
Signed as a free agent by Bietigheim (German-2), November 9, 2012.
I mean, hockey had to change the rules because of Marty, and that's impressive. I got two Stanley Cup rings because of the guy. Look at the banners of [Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko] and Marty is right up there when you think about the New Jersey Devils; he was part of the core group and he'll go down as one of the greatest goalies ever.
— New Jersey Devils center Scott Gomez on former teammate Martin Brodeur, who will announce his retirement Thursday