• Earned his fifth fighting major of the season in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Earned his fourth fighting major of the season at NYI (3/15)
• Logged 15:08 TOI at DAL (3/3), the second-highest total of his career (highest: 16:51, at BUF on Oct. 11, 2012, while skating as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks)
• Earned his third fighting major of the season and logged 10:05 TOI vs. PIT (2/5)
• Registered four hits at MIN (1/2)
• Scored his first goal since Nov. 15, 2009 and registered three shots over 12:39 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Appeared in his 200th career game at TOR (12/27)
• Recorded his second fighting major of the season vs. MTL (11/27)
• Served a seven-game suspension (10/25-11/7)
• Contributed five hits and registered his first fighting major of the season vs. BOS (10/23)
• Recorded four hits vs. OTT (10/4) and vs. WSH (12/29)
Signed as a free agent by Houston (AHL), September 26, 2006. Signed as a free agent by Minnesota, December 31, 2006. Signed as a free agent by Chicago, July 2, 2010. Missed majority of 2010-11 and 2011-12 as a healthy reserve. Traded to NY Rangers by Chicago for NY Rangers' 5th round choice (Travis Brown) in 2012 Entry Draft, February 27, 2012. Signed as a free agent by Buffalo, July 1, 2012.
Not only is it a great idea, but if you don't [start using analytics] you're going to fall behind. You have to be on the cutting edge. It was [Arizona Coyotes assistant general manager] Darcy Regier who said, 'If you didn't invent it, you have to be the second- or third-best copier, because if you're fourth or fifth you've got no chance.'
— Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock on his interest in advanced statistical analysis