- Was sent to Lake Erie (AHL) on a conditioning assignment from Jan. 6-11.
- Appeared in one game for the Monsters, Jan. 10 at Rockford (0g/0a, +1).
- Left the game with a back injury on Nov. 6 vs. Nashville, forcing him to miss 16 games from Nov. 8 to Dec. 12.
- Was placed on Injured Reserve, Nov. 17 (retroactive to Nov. 6) and activated on Dec. 14.
- Began the season on Injured Reserve (knee), forcing him to miss the first four games from Oct. 2-10.
- Was activated from IR on Oct. 12 and made his season debut that night in Washington, appearing in his 200th NHL game.
Signed as a free agent by Calgary, July 1, 2008. Traded to Colorado by Calgary with Lawrence Nycholat and Montreal's 2nd round choice (previously acquired, Colorado selected Stefan Elliott) in 2009 Entry Draft for Jordan Leopold, March 4, 2009. Missed majority of 2012-13 due to ankle injury vs. Edmonton, February 2, 2013..