- Has started 29 games, including 13 of the last 14.
- Was named the NHL's Second Star of the Week for Jan. 5-11.
- Set a franchise record for most saves by a goaltender over a three-game span with 127 from Jan. 6-10 (127/132, .962%).
- Stopped all 54 shots in a 2-0 victory at Chicago on Jan. 6, the most saves in a road shutout in NHL history.
- Varlamov's 54 saves were the most in Avalanche history and the second-most in franchise annals (Ron Tugnutt 70).
- His 54 saves also set a career high.
- Missed a total of 15 games due to a groin injury (3 games from Oct. 16-21, 6 games from Nov. 20 to Dec. 1, 6 games from Dec. 9-21).
- Stopped all 40 shots in a 5-0 victory over the Islanders on Oct. 30 at Pepsi Center, the first 40-save shutout by an Avalanche goaltender since Patrick Roy on Nov. 15, 2000 at Anaheim.
- Made 49 saves on Oct. 28 vs. San Jose, tying the franchise record for most saves in a home game (Scott Gordon, Feb. 4, 1990 vs. Boston).
NHL Second All-Star Team (2014)
Traded to Colorado by Washington for Colorado's 1st round choice (Filip Forsberg) in 2012 Entry Draft and Boston's 2nd round choice (previously acquired, later traded to Dallas Dallas selected Mike Winther) in 2012 Entry Draft, July 1, 2011. Signed as a free agent by Yaroslavl (KHL), September 27, 2012.