|NUMBER:||1||BIRTHDATE:||April 27, 1988 (AGE 25)|
|HEIGHT:||6' 2"||BIRTHPLACE:||Samara, Russia|
|WEIGHT:||209||DRAFTED:||WSH / 2006 NHL Entry Draft|
|Catches:||Left||ROUND:||1st (23rd overall)|
- Has made 19 starts and appeared once in relief.
- Has allowed two goals or less in 13 of his 19 starts.
- Posted his first shutout of the season on Nov. 23 at Los Angeles.
- It was his 12th career shutout and eighth as a member of the Avalanche, ranking him fourth in franchise history.
- Made a season-high 41 saves on Nov. 21 at Phoenix.
- Finished 7-1-0 with a 1.76 GAA in October, the highest winning percentage (.875) by an Avalanche/Nordiques goalie in the month of October.
- The previous mark was .800 by Patrick Roy in October 2000 (7-1-2).
- Won his first five starts this year, matching the franchise record for the longest winning streak to begin a season.
- Allowed just one goal in each of his first four starts, becoming the first goaltender in franchise history to allow one goal or less in his first four starts of a season.
- Varlamov and Jean-Sebastien Giguere were named the NHL's Second Stars for the week ending Oct. 13.
2014 Bridgestone Winter Classic rink build is underway. WATCH NOW ›
It was definitely emotional. I really appreciated the fans. It was a cool feeling and it felt special and the ovation there at the start and then you kind of feel funny out there standing by yourself. Thinking back, I was saying just a bit ago, you think back just trying to make the NHL and then you kind of reflect on all the years being able to play for a great organization here in Calgary and all the fun I've had so far in my career. I feel very fortunate and blessed.