|NUMBER:||1||BIRTHDATE:||April 27, 1988 (AGE 25)|
|HEIGHT:||6' 2"||BIRTHPLACE:||Samara, Russia|
|WEIGHT:||209||DRAFTED:||WSH / 2006 NHL Entry Draft|
|Catches:||Left||ROUND:||1st (23rd overall)|
- Has started 32 games and appeared twice in relief.
- Missed three games due to a hip injury, April 10-13.
- Posted his third shutout of the season and 11th of his NHL career with a 1-0 victory on March 30 vs. Nashville.
- It was his seventh shutout as a member of the Avalanche, tied for the fourth-most in franchise history.
- Made a career-high 50 saves on Feb. 16 at Edmonton, the second-most in Avalanche history (Patrick Roy, 51, on Dec. 10, 1997 at Toronto).
- Varly's effort was just the fourth 50-plus save performance in Avalanche/Nordiques franchise history and equaled Clint Malarchuk's franchise record for most saves in a regulation game (March 20, 1983 at Winnipeg).
- Stopped 22 of those 50 shots in the first period, the second-highest save total in a single period in Avs history (Roy had 23 twice).
- Fashioned a shutout streak of 120:17 from Jan. 22-26, his fourth different scoreless streak of at least 100 minutes since joining the Avs.