- Leads Colorado in penalty minutes (69).
- Ranks sixth in franchise history in career penalty minutes (925).
- Needs 23 PIM to tie Adam Foote (948) for the most penalty minutes in Avalanche history (since the franchise relocated in 1995).
- Has 83 fights in his career, tops in Avalanche history.
- Scored his first goal of the year and was a season-best +2 on Nov. 19 vs. Chicago.
- Served a five-game suspension, Oct. 19 to Nov. 1.
- Appeared in his 400th NHL game on Oct. 10 at Boston.
It was definitely emotional. I really appreciated the fans. It was a cool feeling and it felt special and the ovation there at the start and then you kind of feel funny out there standing by yourself. Thinking back, I was saying just a bit ago, you think back just trying to make the NHL and then you kind of reflect on all the years being able to play for a great organization here in Calgary and all the fun I've had so far in my career. I feel very fortunate and blessed.
— Boston forward Jarome Iginla on his return to Calgary, where he played for 16 seasons