- Ranks first on the team in hits (262) and PIM (189).
- His 262 hits are the most ever by an Avalanche player in a single season.
- Has tied a franchise record with his seventh career 100-PIM season.
- Has 19 fighting majors this year and 109 in his career (most in Avalanche history).
- Set a team record with 11 hits on Feb. 27 at Dallas.
- Registered his 100th NHL point on Feb. 16 vs. Arizona.
- Recorded a career-high 30 PIM on Feb. 14 vs. Dallas.
- Was the first Avs player to register 30 PIM in a game since Chris McAllister had 31 on Feb. 20, 2004 at Dallas.
- Logged two fighting majors for the first time in his career on Feb. 8 at Winnipeg.
- Recorded his 100th fighting major on Jan. 27 at Nashville.
- Appeared in his 500th NHL game on Dec. 21 at Detroit.
- Tied his career high with two points (1g/1a) on Oct. 30 vs. NY Islanders.
- Surpassed 1,000 career PIM on Oct. 24 vs. Vancouver.
- Became the first player in Avalanche history and sixth in franchise history to surpass 1,000 PIM.
That was something I've been dreaming of, something I've told myself before the third period I was going to do ... It was an amazing feeling. It's hard to describe. I didn't believe it went in at first but when I saw all the reaction and all the fans going crazy and my teammates going crazy, it's just an unbelievable feeling. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether to jump or just skate and do a Theo Fleury. I don't think I'm the same caliber player he is so I couldn't do it.
— Flames forward Mikael Backlund on scoring the overtime winner against the Ducks in Gm. 3