• Recorded his first career point with one assist while making his Rangers debut at Carolina on Jan. 20, and has skated in the last three games
• Established a Whale franchise record with two shorthanded goals in a period, and added two assists to tie the franchise mark for scoring in one period with four points in the first vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Jan. 16; His four points in the contest established a career-high, and tied the Whale’s season-high
• Has tallied 14 points (eight goals, six assists) in his last 14 AHL games
• Has recorded 17 goals and 16 assists for 33 points in 39 AHL games with Connecticut and Springfield (13 goals, 10 assists in 26 games with Connecticut)
• Was tied for second on the Whale in goals, and ranked second with a plus-six rating at the time of his recall
• Is one of only two players in NHL history, along with Mike Richter, to come from Abington, PA
Milestones Achieved: 1st career NHL assist/point (1/20 at CAR)
CCHA First All-Star Team (2008) NCAA West Second All-American Team (2008)
Traded to Columbus by Phoenix for Alexandre Picard, March 3, 2010. Traded to NY Rangers by Columbus for Dane Byers, November 11, 2010. Missed 2011-12 due to knee injury at NY Rangers training camp, September 20, 2011. Traded to Pittsburgh by NY Rangers for Benn Ferriero, January 24, 2013. Signed as a free agent by Linkopings (Sweden), June 28, 2013.
Very happy that old guy finally scored. It was great. You see the excitement on his face. I remember when I scored my first goal and it's just such a great feeling. Anytime you can help contribute to a team win it's a lot of fun.
— Boston defenseman Torey Krug on 26-year-old teammate Kevan Miller, whose first NHL goal helped the Bruins top the Maple Leafs