• Served five-game suspension (4/5-4/17)
• Finished first among Sabres forwards in average shorthanded TOI (2:08)
• Skated in his 300th career NHL game at BOS (4/17)
• Tallied his first goal of the season vs. NJD (4/7), his first point since March 7, 2012 vs. CAR and first goal since Feb. 8, 2012 vs. BOS; also credited with seven hits and four shots on goal in the contest
• Registered a season-high five shots on goal and 15:35 TOI vs. CAR (1/25)
I think I'm lucky to be here and you definitely don't take very many things for granted, if you take anything for granted. I definitely put my family and my wife and my close family in perspective, that they're the most important thing in the world. I want to do whatever I can to play hockey, but like I said, under the right circumstances.
— Stars forward Rich Peverley to "The Musers" radio show on The Ticket 1310 AM in Dallas