Ranks second on the Stars with 59 blocked shots
* Scored first goal of season on 11/28 vs. MIN
* Ranks fourth on the team and leads club defensemen with nine assists this season
* Played in his 400th career NHL game on 10/9 vs. CHI
* Tallied two assists on 10/25 at NYI
* Logged a season-high 27:04 of ice time on 11/1 at MIN
* Posted two assists for his third multi-point game on 12/2 at TOR
* Tallied points in 4 of 6 games (0-6=6) from 10/14 - 10/25
* Led club blueliners with 42 points (6-36=42) and 154 blocked shots
WCHA All-Rookie Team (2005) WCHA Second All-Star Team (2006) WCHA First All-Star Team (2007) NCAA West First All-American Team (2007) AHL All-Rookie Team (2008)
Traded to Dallas by Pittsburgh for James Neal and Matt Niskanen, February 21, 2011.
I don't know how he does it. I don't know how he gets his body parallel with the player and pulls it through his legs like that. I know he's tried it a couple times in practice and it's never worked, so how he does it in a game, it's incredible.
— Capitals defenseman Mike Green on teammate Alex Ovechkin's highlight-reel goal against the Devils on Saturday