Paces the team with 157 blocked shots
* Ranks fourth on the team and leads club defensemen with 32 assists this season
* Played in his 400th career NHL game on 10/9 vs. CHI
* Posted two assists on 12/2 at TOR
* Recorded two assists, a +3 rating, four hits and three blocked shots on 1/4 at CHI
* Earned two helpers and five blocked shots on 1/13 vs. OTT
* Tallied two assists and a +3 rating on 1/18 at CHI
* Is now one of four NHL defensemen to earn at least 20 assists in each of their last six seasons
* Scored his third goal of the season on 3/5 at FLA
* Recorded two points (1-1=2) with a +2 rating on 3/12 at CAR
* Earned two assists (0-2=2) on 3/21 vs. CHI
WCHA All-Rookie Team (2005) WCHA Second All-Star Team (2006) WCHA First All-Star Team (2007) NCAA West First All-American Team (2007) AHL All-Rookie Team (2008)
Traded to Dallas by Pittsburgh for James Neal and Matt Niskanen, February 21, 2011.
He's a winner. We want winners here, and he's a proven winner. He's won two Stanley Cups. He's 22 years old and been a big part of it. He's got all the right tools. He's got size (6-foot-1, 204 pounds) and strength. He's exactly what we were looking for. He's going to be a big piece of our team for many, many years to come.
— Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen on Brandon Saad, who he acquired in a trade with the Blackhawks on Tuesday