• Missed the season's final 16 games with a concussion (3/15-4/13)
• Registered an assist at PHX (1/30)
• Tallied a team-high five shots on goal and four blocked shots over 22:08 TOI at WSH (1/12)
• Logged a season-high 22:50 TOI vs. FLA (1/9)
• Contributed an assist, three blocked shots and was a plus- 2 vs. BOS (12/19)
• Missed five games with an upper-body injury (12/5-12/14) and two games with an undisclosed injury (3/9-3/11)
• Logged 21:10 TOI vs. MTL (11/27)
• Credited with one shot and two blocked shots over 18:11 TOI vs. DET (11/24)
• Recalled from Rochester (AHL) on Nov. 23
• At the time of his Nov. 23 recall, had contributed seven points (2+5) in 10 games with Rochester (AHL)
• Made his season debut at CHI (10/12), logging 19:20 TOI and blocking three shots
• Recalled from Rochester (AHL) on Oct. 5
Traded to Florida by Nashville for future considerations, February 25, 2011. Missed majority of 2010-11 as a healthy reserve. Signed as a free agent by Vancouver, July 7, 2011. Traded to Buffalo by Vancouver for Marc-Andre Gragnani, February 27, 2012. Signed as a free agent by Ingolstadt (Germany), October 17, 2012.
They said, 'You're going to love the city. It's smaller than Philadelphia, but you're going to love it. You're going to love the fans. Just watching the playoffs last year, the fans seemed louder there than they did anywhere. I'm really excited about that.
— Forward Scott Hartnell on his upcoming season with the Columbus Blue Jackets