• Scored a goal in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Recorded six shots on goal at BOS (4/12)
• Appeared in his 300th career game vs. NSH (3/11)
• Logged 11:59 TOI vs. SJS (2/28)
• Chipped-in a goal at TOR (1/15) and at CBJ (1/25)
• Contributed an assist at MIN (1/2)
• Tallied an assist over a season-high 14:54 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Netted his first goal of the season vs. WPG (12/17); also his first since Jan. 13, 2012
• Credited with two shots on goal over 8:43 TOI in his season debut vs. CGY (12/14)
• Recalled from Rochester on 12/14 • Had 10 points (5+5) in 25 AHL contests at the time of his recall
Signed as a free agent by Detroit, May 10, 2002. Claimed on waivers by Los Angeles from Detroit, February 21, 2008. Claimed on waivers by Buffalo from Los Angeles, October 1, 2008.
When we started our journey we made a commitment to our fans to be relevant and to see the Chicago Blackhawks become the best professional hockey organization. There are not two finer symbols of that than Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. The commitment we have made to these incredible young men is equal to the commitment they have made to our team, our fans, our entire organization and the city of Chicago.
— Chicago Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz on signing Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane to contract extensions