• Scored a goal in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Recorded six shots on goal at BOS (4/12)
• Appeared in his 300th career game vs. NSH (3/11)
• Logged 11:59 TOI vs. SJS (2/28)
• Chipped-in a goal at TOR (1/15) and at CBJ (1/25)
• Contributed an assist at MIN (1/2)
• Tallied an assist over a season-high 14:54 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Netted his first goal of the season vs. WPG (12/17); also his first since Jan. 13, 2012
• Credited with two shots on goal over 8:43 TOI in his season debut vs. CGY (12/14)
• Recalled from Rochester on 12/14 • Had 10 points (5+5) in 25 AHL contests at the time of his recall
Signed as a free agent by Detroit, May 10, 2002. Claimed on waivers by Los Angeles from Detroit, February 21, 2008. Claimed on waivers by Buffalo from Los Angeles, October 1, 2008.
They said, 'You're going to love the city. It's smaller than Philadelphia, but you're going to love it. You're going to love the fans. Just watching the playoffs last year, the fans seemed louder there than they did anywhere. I'm really excited about that.
— Forward Scott Hartnell on his upcoming season with the Columbus Blue Jackets