2015 Playoff Notes:
- Currently in the NHL's Top 10 in playoff face-off percentage (57.9 percent).
NHL Playoff Notes:
- Ranked seventh in face-off efficiency during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs (60.1 percent).
- His first goal as a member of the Predators was Nashville s first goal of the 2012 playoffs, a 3-2 win over Detroit in Game One of the Western Conference Quarterfinal.
- Helped the Buffalo Sabres to back-to-back Eastern Conference Finals in 2006 and 2007 and was one of 11 Sabres to play in all 18 playoff games in 2006.
Additional Playoff/Championship Notes:
- Represented Team USA at the 2011 World Championship where he played in six games.
- Tied for the Rochester team lead in goals (5) and points (11) during the 2005 Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Tied for ninth in the 2001 WHL Playoffs in points (10g-6a-16pts), helping Portland to the WHL Final.
Traded to Nashville by Buffalo with Buffalo's 4th round choice (Juuse Saros) in 2013 Entry Draft for Nashville's 1st round choice (later traded to Calgary Calgary selected Mark Jankowski) in 2012 Entry Draft, February 27, 2012. Missed majority of 2012-13 due to recurring upper-body and shoulder injuries.
[Stamkos] is a great teammate and a great leader, that's why he's got the 'C'. He brings that tremendous work ethic to the rink and he's one of the top players in the game. I know if I put the passes where they are supposed to be, there's a very good chance he's going to put it in the back of the net.
— Lightning forward Jonathan Drouin on linemate Steven Samkos
TONIGHT ON NHL NETWORK
5:00 ET: NHL Live Powered by Constellation 7:00 ET: NHL Tonight Western Conf. Preview 8:00 ET: 2015 Blackhawks Championship Film