- Leads the Avalanche in short-handed ice time (2:44 per game).
- Picked up his first two points of the season with a pair of assists on Dec. 23 vs. St. Louis.
- Appeared in his 1,000th NHL game on Dec. 18 at Pittsburgh.
- Became the 293rd player in NHL history and 100th defenseman to reach that milestone.
- Missed 16 games due to a hamstring injury suffered in his 999th career game on Nov. 4 vs. Vancouver.
- Was placed on IR, Nov. 21 (retroactive to Nov. 4) and activated on Dec. 14.
- Is in his 15th NHL season and his first with Colorado after being acquired from San Jose on July 1, 2014.
- Has spent most of his career with San Jose but has also played for Boston, Calgary, Los Angeles and Detroit.
WHL East Second All-Star Team (1998) WHL East First All-Star Team (1999) Canadian Major Junior First All-Star Team (1999) Canadian Major Junior Defenseman of the Year (1999) NHL All-Rookie Team (2000)
Traded to Calgary (WHL) by Regina (WHL) for Donald Choukalos and Ryan Geremia, January 15, 1999. Missed majority of 2002-03 due to ankle (January 4, 2003 vs. Los Angeles) and head (February 21, 2003 vs. Columbus) injuries. Traded to Boston by San Jose with Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau for Joe Thornton, November 30, 2005. Traded to Calgary by Boston with Wayne Primeau and Washington's 4th round choice (previously acquired, Calgary selected T.J. Brodie) in 2008 Entry Draft for Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew, February 10, 2007. Signed as a free agent by Los Angeles, July 3, 2007. Traded to Detroit by Los Angeles for Detroit's 2nd round choice (later traded to Colorado Colorado selected Peter Delmas) in 2008 Entry Draft and Detroit's 4th round choice (later traded to Atlanta Atlanta selected Ben Chiarot) in 2009 Entry Draft, February 26, 2008. Traded to San Jose by Detroit for Andrew Murray and San Jose's 7th round choice (Alexander Kadeykin) in 2014 Entry Draft, June 10, 2012. Traded to Colorado by San Jose for a 2nd round choice in 2016 Entry Draft and a 6th round choice in 2017 Entry Draft, July 1, 2014.