• Was one of only nine players to dress in both the first and last games of the season
• Recorded an assist over a season-high 24:29 TOI in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Missed four games due to a lower-body injury (4/3-4/8)
• Missed eight games with an upper-body injury (12/31-1/18)
• Captured a silver medal with Team Sweden at the 2014 Winter Olympics
• Logged a season-high 23:49 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Contributed an assist vs. STL (11/19), at MTL (12/7), at BOS (12/21) and at CBJ (1/25)
• Had goals in two straight games (11/2-11/5) for the first time since Jan. 1, 2006 and Jan. 5, 2006
• Registered his first goal of the season vs. ANA (11/2), his first as a Sabre since Mar. 31, 2010
• Tallied his first point of the season with an assist vs. COL (10/19)
• Returned to the lineup vs. MIN (10/14) after missing four games with an upper-body injury (10/5-10/12).
Signed as a free agent by Linkopings (Sweden), September 9, 2004. Signed as a free agent by Bern (Swiss), February 22, 2005. Signed as a free agent by New Jersey, July 1, 2010. Missed majority of 2011-12 due to leg injury vs. Winnipeg, January 17, 2012. Traded to Buffalo by New Jersey for Riley Boychuk, July 7, 2013.
The groove of being behind a bench is going to be interesting at first, but thank God we have a few exhibition games to get rid of those cobwebs. Overall the excitement of it all and the freshness and coming back refreshed, all those things are going to be assets. If [the players] come ready to give their best effort in practice and games, good things are going to happen. I'm always looking for results. It's not always on the scoreboard. It's winning and building something.
— Bryan Trottier on making his return to coaching as an assistant with the Sabres