• Was one of only nine players to dress in both the first and last games of the season
• Recorded an assist over a season-high 24:29 TOI in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Missed four games due to a lower-body injury (4/3-4/8)
• Missed eight games with an upper-body injury (12/31-1/18)
• Captured a silver medal with Team Sweden at the 2014 Winter Olympics
• Logged a season-high 23:49 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Contributed an assist vs. STL (11/19), at MTL (12/7), at BOS (12/21) and at CBJ (1/25)
• Had goals in two straight games (11/2-11/5) for the first time since Jan. 1, 2006 and Jan. 5, 2006
• Registered his first goal of the season vs. ANA (11/2), his first as a Sabre since Mar. 31, 2010
• Tallied his first point of the season with an assist vs. COL (10/19)
• Returned to the lineup vs. MIN (10/14) after missing four games with an upper-body injury (10/5-10/12).
Signed as a free agent by Linkopings (Sweden), September 9, 2004. Signed as a free agent by Bern (Swiss), February 22, 2005. Signed as a free agent by New Jersey, July 1, 2010. Missed majority of 2011-12 due to leg injury vs. Winnipeg, January 17, 2012. Traded to Buffalo by New Jersey for Riley Boychuk, July 7, 2013.
It's pretty crazy, but believe me when I say we didn't draft these players with the mindset we had to because they had good hockey-playing dads. It just turned out that way. But we're certainly glad they're a part of our organization.
— Arizona Coyotes director of amateur scouting Tim Bernhardt regarding the coincidence that six of the organization's top prospects are sons of former NHL players