- Will retire after this season.
- Left with a leg injury on March 16 at Vancouver, forcing him to miss the last 12 games.
- Serving as team captain for the second straight season.
- Is just the second captain in Avalanche history and only the ninth in the 30-year history of the franchise.
- Ranks fifth among active D in career games (1153).
- Has appeared in more regular season (966) and playoff games (170) than any other defenseman in franchise history.
- Missed 11 games due to a leg injury, Feb. 9 - March 1.
- Placed on IR, Feb. 16 (retro to Feb. 7) and activated on March 4.
- Left the Nov. 24th game at Vancouver due to a leg injury and missed three games, Nov. 25-30.
- Missed eight games from Oct. 23 to Nov. 12 due to a head injury.
- Placed on IR, Nov. 5 (retroactive to Oct. 21) and activated on Nov. 13.
- Did not dress on Oct. 16 at NY Islanders.
- Had a fighting major on Oct. 15 at New Jersey, his first fight since Dec. 27, 2007 at Nashville as a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets.
OHL First All-Star Team (1991)
Transferred to Colorado after Quebec franchise relocated, June 21, 1995. Missed majority of 2000-01 due to shoulder injury vs. Carolina, January 6, 2001. Signed as a free agent by Columbus, August 2, 2005. Traded to Colorado by Columbus for Colorado's 1st round choice (later traded to Philadelphia - Philadelphia selected Luca Sbisa) in 2008 Entry Draft and Colorado's 4th round choice (David Savard) in 2009 Entry Draft, February 26, 2008. Officially announced his retirement, April 8, 2011.