2015 NHL Draft
SHARE
(Page 10 of 92)
News

Sharp among candidates to be moved by Blackhawks

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 6:31 PM / News

Brian Hedger - NHL.com Correspondent

CHICAGO -- Forward Patrick Sharp is trying not to think about whether he'll be back to help the Chicago Blackhawks defend their Stanley Cup championship.

Sharp, 33, has a $5.9 million NHL salary-cap charge in 2015-16 and could be the biggest name moved by Chicago during the offseason to create space under the payroll limit. He said Wednesday he's trying to avoid that talk for as long as possible.

"I haven't really put much thought into it," said Sharp, who's been with the Blackhawks since December 2005 and was a member of all three of their Stanley Cup championship teams during the past six seasons. "It's been a whirlwind couple days. To win a third Stanley Cup in this city is something that I'll always remember. It's pretty special. It's a huge accomplishment and these last couple days have been crazy. I'm sure the next few days, when things wind down a little bit, that will be more of a topic of conversation."

Other possible candidates to be moved are forwards Bryan Bickell ($4 million cap charge) and Kris Versteeg, whose $4.4 million cap charge is being split evenly between the Blackhawks and Florida Panthers ($2.2 million each).

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Stamkos contract is Lightning's top offseason priority

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 6:20 PM / News

Corey Long - NHL.com Correspondent

TAMPA -- Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman said Wednesday his top priority during the offseason will be to sign captain Steven Stamkos to a contract extension.

Stamkos, 25, was the first pick of the 2008 NHL Draft and has been the face of the Lightning since forward Martin St. Louis was traded to the New York Rangers last season.

The 2015-16 season will be the final one of Stamkos' contract, and if unsigned he would become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016. The soonest the sides can discuss a contract is July 1.

"He is our No. 1 priority," Yzerman said. "We've got some other restricted free agents and other contracts we have to do, but that's the No. 1 priority."

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Hurricanes could move on from Semin: report

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 5:21 PM / News

NHL.com

Alexander Semin's time with the Carolina Hurricanes could be nearing an end after general manager Ron Francis didn't commit to the forward remaining with them next season.

Semin had career lows in goals (six) and points (19) this season and is due to make $7 million next season. He has three years remaining on his contract, worth $21 million.

"It's too early to say," Francis told the Raleigh News & Observer earlier in comments published Wednesday. "We're looking at all the options. Is it best to keep [Semin] here or should we do something else? At the right time we'll do what's best for our organization."

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Stevens not returning to Devils coaching staff

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 4:23 PM / News

NHL.com

Scott Stevens, who served as a co-coach for part of this season with the New Jersey Devils, will not be back as an assistant under John Hynes in 2015-16.

Devils general manager Ray Shero told Northjersey.com he doesn't know if Stevens will remain with the organization in another role. Stevens met with Hynes regarding the position of assistant coach; Shero announced the hiring of Alain Nasreddine and Geoff Ward as assistants on Wednesday.

"The decision with Alain (who will coach the defensemen) wasn't about Scott; it was more about Alain," Shero told reporter Tom Gulitti. "I don't want to speak for Scott moving forward because his focus was his coaching. So, in terms of that moving forward, we just want to give Scott some time to if he wants to [pursue coaching elsewhere]. That [coaching] is what he had talked about with John, that's what he talked about with me, so [rather than] move forward in any other direction at this point, we'll just give it some time to see where he'd like to go with his career."

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Stars sign goalie Campbell to one-year contract

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 3:42 PM / News

DallasStars.com

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed goaltender Jack Campbell to a one-year contract extension. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Campbell, 23, posted a 14-14-5 record with a 3.03 goals against average, a .907 save percentage and two shutouts in 35 regular-season games this season for the Texas Stars, Dallas' top development affiliate in the American Hockey League. He also appeared in one playoff contest and posted a 3.03 goals against average and a .889 save percentage. Additionally, he played seven games for Idaho of the ECHL and went 5-2-0-0 with a .945 save percentage and a 1.73 goals against average.

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Stars sign defenseman Nemeth to two-year contract

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 3:36 PM / News

DallasStars.com

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed defenseman Patrik Nemeth to a two-year contract extension. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Nemeth, 23, recorded three assists (0-3-3), six penalty minutes and 16 shots on goal in 22 games with Dallas during the 2014-15 campaign. The defenseman missed 52 games after suffering an arm laceration on Oct. 18 vs. Philadelphia. The Stars were 14-6-2 in games in which he played.

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Defenseman Reilly will not sign with Blue Jackets

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 2:35 PM / News

NHL.com

Defenseman Mike Reilly will not sign with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Blue Jackets announced Wednesday.

Columbus drafted Reilly, 21, in the fourth round (No. 98) of the 2011 NHL Draft. He withdrew from the University of Minnesota in the spring with the intention of starting his professional career. Columbus held his rights until June 15, after which he became an unrestricted free agent.

"He exercised his right in the [Collective Bargaining Agreement] to talk to other teams," Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen told the Blue Jackets website. "He narrowed his list down to two or three teams and we're not one of them. We did everything we could, but we have to make other plans now. He was a good prospect for us, but we have to move forward. … This was something that we were waiting for. This effects the decisions we make from this point on [in the offseason], and now we have to make other decisions accordingly."

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Sabres add Mair, Barch to development staff

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 2:16 PM / News

BuffaloSabres.com

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has hired Adam Mair and Krys Barch as player development coaches.

A former Sabres forward, Mair rejoins the organization after spending the last 18 months as a coach with the Academy of Hockey at HARBORCENTER, where he was responsible for educating aspiring hockey players and coaches both on and off the ice through clinics, on-ice instruction and classroom teaching. Before joining the Academy of Hockey staff, Mair began his coaching career in 2012-13 as director of player development for Canisius College.

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Chelios added to U.S. coaching staff for 2016 WJC

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 11:49 AM / News

NHL.com

Hockey Hall of Fame member Chris Chelios on Wednesday was named by USA Hockey as one of three assistant coaches for the 2016 United States National Junior Team that will complete in the 2016 IIHF World Junior Championship in Helsinki, Finland.

Chelios will be joined by Danton Cole and Kevin Reiter. Ron Wilson was named head coach June 4.

It's the first time Chelios, an advisor to hockey operations for the Detroit Red Wings, will be on a WJC coaching staff. He has played a big role developing and mentoring the Red Wings' top prospects during the past five years.

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›

Jets agree to terms with forward Peluso

Wednesday, 06.17.2015 / 10:17 AM / News

WinnipegJets.com

The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce they have agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Anthony Peluso on a new two-year contract worth an AAV of $675,000.

Peluso, 26, completed his third season with the Jets appearing in 49 games, registering one goal and one assist to go along with 86 penalty minutes. Peluso was acquired off waivers by the Jets on January 6, 2012.

FULL STORY ›EMAIL & SHARE OPTIONS ›|Comment › |Print ›
First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16-21 | Next | Last
Quote of the Day

I love you. I think we [climbed] as high as we possibly can.

— Sergei Fedorov to former Red Wings teammate Nicklas Lidstrom after each was voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame's Class of 2015 on Monday
Gigapixel