NEW YORK – The National Hockey League (NHL®) will celebrate the much-anticipated 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ outdoor games in New York with a variety of hockey-themed fan attractions within the Great Hall and Concourse of Yankee Stadium when the New York Rangers face off against the New Jersey Devils at 12:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, Jan. 26 and the New York Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
From 10:30 a.m. ET to the start of the third period on Jan. 26, and from 5:30 p.m. ET to the start of the third period on Jan. 29, Yankee Stadium's Great Hall and Concourse will transform into a hockey-themed fan zone for attendees of all ages, with interactive attractions, prizes and giveaways; and merchandise tents with an extensive selection of officially-licensed 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series merchandise and collectibles.
Fans can expect a wide variety of game-day attractions inside Yankee Stadium, including:
· Coors Light and TEAM Coalition are asking NHL fans to make the pledge to be responsible. Fans who promise never to drive drunk and always have a designated driver will receive a souvenir photo and be entered to win cool prizes because Responsibility Has Its Rewards.
· At the fast-acting Advil® tent, fans can enter for a chance to win a special edition air-brushed goalie mask being created by an artist well-known in the industry, get game-ready with eye-black and temporary tattoos for kids, and pick up a sample of new fast-acting Advil® , the Official Pain Reliever of the NHL®.
· At Can-Am's Spyder display booth, fans can experience the only machine that gives you the adventure and exhilaration of riding in the open air on the open road, combined with incredible control and confidence -- all thanks to its Y-frame design for stability and set of seven automotive technologies.
· Discover will support the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium through a new social program titled the "2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ Social Showdown, presented by Discover." The program encourages all hockey fans to support their favorite team by engaging in a social battle off the ice.
· GEICO will be offering fans the chance to win a $200 gas card and get their picture taken with the Gecko at its interactive booth.
· Panini America, the official trading card and sticker manufacturer of the NHL®, will be giving away free NHL Sticker Albums and packs of 2013-14 NHL Stickers. Panini America also has created a custom NHL Sticker sheet that honors the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series by featuring members of the Devils, Islanders and Rangers.
· Fans can sample SiriusXM's wide array of programming, including the 24/7 NHL coverage on the SiriusXM NHL Network Radio™ channel, at the network's interactive space.
· At the Upper Deck booth, fans will have the opportunity to make and take home their very own hockey trading card. Fans who visit the Upper Deck booth can create a free personalized trading card, play fun games and check out the latest and greatest in hockey cards.
· Verizon will showcase the NHL GameCenter™ mobile app and other innovations. Visitors to the Verizon tent also will have the opportunity to win special prizes, check out exclusive content and receive a commemorative 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series New York bracelet.
Fans interested in receiving more information on ticketing, news and special offers around the event can register at www.NHL.com/2014NewYork.
About the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series
Yankee Stadium will host a twin bill when the New York Rangers face off against the New Jersey Devils on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:30 p.m. ET and the New York Islanders on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. ET as part of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™, a series of games at outdoor locations. The Jan. 26 game between the Rangers and Devils will be broadcast live from Yankee Stadium on NBC in the U.S. and CBC in Canada; the Jan. 29 game between the Rangers and Islanders will be broadcast live on NBCSN in the U.S. and TSN and RDS2 in Canada.
In just five years of its existence, Yankee Stadium already has provided the setting for some of the country's most popular events as the baseball diamond has been transformed to host games between several of college football's finest programs – including the annual New Era Pinstripe Bowl – concerts by Grammy Award-winning acts, top-tier soccer talent from around the world and a super welterweight title boxing match. However, the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ will be the first time the Stadium has been used for hockey.
NHL fans who are interested in experiencing everything New York City has to offer should visit NYCgo.com to find official information about New York City hotels, restaurants, shops, nightlife and sporting events as well as exclusive deals and offers.