Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
 
SHARE

Sharks GM Doug Wilson disagrees with NHL's suspension of Raffi Torres

Friday, 05.17.2013 / 9:25 PM / News

The Canadian Press

Share with your Friends


Sharks GM Doug Wilson disagrees with NHL's suspension of Raffi Torres

SAN JOSE, Calif. - San Jose Sharks general manager Doug Wilson says the organization disagrees with the NHL's decision to suspend forward Raffi Torres for a hit that knocked out Los Angeles forward Jarret Stoll.

Wilson said in a statement issued Friday that it is "abundantly clear" that Torres' check in Game 1 against Stoll was a clean hockey hit.

The NHL's Department of Player Safety sharply disagreed while suspending Torres for the rest of the second-round series Thursday. It is the fourth career suspension for Torres, who is considered a repeat offender in dangerous hits under the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Wilson says Torres will not appeal the suspension.

Stoll missed Game 2 of the series and there is no timetable for his return.

Quote of the Day

The fans love it, and it looked like they were having fun. It was great to see this city [Columbus]. They had been waiting a couple years for this game. They did it right.

— Lightning captain Steven Stamkos after the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game on Sunday