TORONTO -- The National Hockey League's transformation of The Forks in Winnipeg for the 2011 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off™ is almost complete. The family-friendly and free hockey and entertainment festival will feature interactive games, giveaways, live game broadcasts on giant video boards, prizes and unique experiences, including free trips to the 2012 NHL® All-Star Game in Ottawa.
Schedule of Events
All Times Local; Times Subject to Change
Through 9 p.m. CT, fans will be treated to the following free activities at The Forks:
* Synthetic Ice Rink: Youth hockey players from Scotiabank and Canadian Tire sponsored teams, along with a local chapter of H.E.R.O.S., will demonstrate their skills
* EA Sports' NHL® 12 Game Center: Gamers can try their hand at the top-selling video game
* Molson Canadian Hockey House: Fans 18 years or older can visit this hospitality spectator area for live game broadcasts, cold beer and other entertainment
* NHL Network™: Fans can check out what new and exciting programs the NHL Network has to offer this season. Foam pucks will be available
* Reebok Locker Rooms: A showcase of latest Reebok equipment and hockey interactives
* Scotiabank High Five Zone: Scotiabank will offer fans the opportunity to 'High Five' their handprint on a special tribute board and enter into Scotiabank's national "High Five Your Way to the NHL All-Star Game" contest for a chance to win tickets to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game
* Visa Autograph Kiosk: From 3:00-6:00 p.m. CT, Visa cardholders will be eligible to receive autographs from current NHL players and other giveaways
* XM's Hardest Shot Interactive: Fans can try their hand at the Hardest Shot booth to enter for a chance to win XM prizes
* Winnipeg Jets Merchandise Tents: Officially licensed Winnipeg Jets jerseys, hats, t-shirts, hoodies and other novelties will be available for purchase at two locations
Rock band Inward Eye will give a 45-minute performance on the Scotiabank stage.
Platinum-selling rock band Three Days Grace will give a 25-minute performance to open CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Montreal Canadiens game.
Winnipeg Jets players Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Tanner Glass and Mark Stuart along with CBC host George Stroumboulopoulos will greet fans and introduce international rock legends Bachman & Turner for a 30-minute set during the second intermission of the Leafs-Canadiens game.
Popular Winnipeg nightclub Whiskey Dix will host the official 2011 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off after party. Tickets to the after party are $10 each and will be available for purchase at the door.