Finally, August has arrived and I have questions regarding the upcoming NHL season.
I could probably answer most of the questions myself, but that would be no fun at all. I am always interested in the opinion of hockey fans, but I will ask you to take off your "homer" glasses and answer the questions as objectively as possible.
* Name the two teams playing in the Stanley Cup Final in 2011.
* What team will raise the Stanley Cup in June 2011?
* Name the team you feel has Stanley Cup finalist written all over it but just won't make it?
* Who wins the Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP of the playoffs)?
* Most improved team for the 2010-11 season?
* Most disappointing team for the upcoming season?
* What team wins the Presidents' Trophy (most points in the regular season)?
* Will a goalie score a goal in the NHL this year -- and if you answer yes, who is the goalie?
* How many players will reach the 100-point mark; for extra credit, who will they be?
* Will a player score 60-plus goals this season?
* Who wins the Hart Memorial Trophy as MVP?
* Will Martin Brodeur
start more than 55 games this season?
* Name the player with the most penalty minutes this season?
* Reports are Mike Modano
will sign with the Detroit Red Wings
. What number will he wear?
* Name your most respected hockey journalist?
* The best TV play-by-play man?
* The best TV hockey analyst?
* Name the one team that makes you happy when they lose?
* The greatest hockey player you ever saw play?
* Your hockey superstition while watching a game (rally hat, legs crossed, etc.)?
* Have you tried to turn a friend or family member into being a hockey fan? Did it work; share your success story.
* Are you ready for hockey right now, or are you still trying to recover from the past season?
You can answer the questions below (not all have to be answered) or stop by Kukla's Korner and answer there
if you wish.
Thanks for participating and it will be interesting to look back at the answers sometime in the summer of 2011.
Feel free to email me at any time at email@example.com
with any questions or comments you may have.