* Pretty soon a 4-3 final score will be considered a low-scoring game. I remember when 2-1 was considered low, but with the rules slanted to help the offensive side of the game, those scores are rare, but in my opinion, still very enjoyable to watch.
* If I attend the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field, I plan to walk the outfield walls and look for lost pucks tangled within the ivy.
* Will we see a substantial trade made before the holiday trade freeze? My heart says yes, we could use something to talk about, but my hockey mind says no.
* Take it to the bank, the Dallas Stars will make the playoffs!
* A challenge to any national anthem singer in the States. When the Montreal Canadiens visit your rink, please sing part of the Canadian National Anthem in French. A definite YouTube post!
* The Hot Stove segment during the Hockey Night in Canada Saturday night broadcast could work as a weekly, half hour show. I would tune in every time.
* One of the best sounds of the game -- the ping sound when a puck hits either the goal post or crossbar. Even better, that quick ping, followed by the puck going into the net.
* If Jaromir Jagr was still playing in the NHL, would he be in the top 10 of the scoring leaderboard?
* I have witnessed more three-on-one plays botched this year than ever before with most not even resulting on a shot on goal.
* I don't know how I survived before the NHL Network. I catch my morning local news on the TV for about 15 minutes, then switch over the NHL Net for all the highlights from the previous night.
* Are you like me, waiting for a Brian Burke blockbuster trade?
* After about 47 years of watching hockey on the tube, I have noticed I no longer scream at the TV when a play goes bad. Now I am wondering if that is the reason the Wings are giving up so many goals this season?
* Sorry Colin Campbell, but please give me one more donnybrook on the ice. Sticks, gloves, elbow pads all over the ice. Ah yes!
* Enjoy your hockey week, and remember, no team is out of the race for the playoffs.