NEW YORK – The National Hockey League (NHL®) will transform Soldier Field's Stadium Green into its official 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ Spectator Plaza, a free hockey and entertainment fan festival, in celebration of the much-anticipated outdoor matchup between the Chicago Blackhawks® and Pittsburgh Penguins® on Saturday, March 1 in Chicago. From 3:00 p.m. until the 7:00 p.m. CT start of the game, fans of all ages will be treated to a host of hockey-themed interactive attractions, prizes and giveaways; a performance from the Chicago-based band The Hot Sauce Committee; and merchandise tents with an extensive selection of officially-licensed 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series products and collectibles.
Fans can expect a wide variety of game-day attractions and other related activities, including:
· Coors Light and Molson Canadian, official beer partners of the NHL, are teaming up to host fans at the Molson Canadian Hockey House in the NHL Spectator Plaza. Fans are invited to embrace the cold and experience the exciting hockey atmosphere before the game.
· Drive to the net with Honda, the Official Vehicle of the NHL. Visit the Honda tent to see the redesigned Honda Odyssey and capture a picture of yourself scoring the game winning goal.
· Discover will encourage all hockey fans to support their favorite team in the NHL Stadium Series Social Showdown presented by Discover. Fans can take part in the social battle off the ice by can visiting nhl.com/socialshowdown to register their votes.
· At the fast-acting Advil® tent, fans can enter for a chance to win a special-edition air-brushed goalie mask being created by an artist well-known in the industry; get game-ready with eye-black and temporary tattoos for kids; and pick up a sample of new fast-acting Advil®, the Official Pain Reliever of the NHL®.
· Head over to Can-Am Spyder display booth to throw a leg over the only machine that gives you the adventure and exhilaration of riding in the open air on the open road, combined with incredible control and confidence -- all thanks to its Y-frame design for stability and set of seven automotive technologies.
· Check out the GEICO display and test your Blackhawks and Penguins knowledge in the Trivia Challenge, or meet the one and only gecko. You could also win a number of prizes on our full size plinko board, all free and compliments of GEICO.
· McDonald's of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana will give away coupons for a free Shamrock Shake from their tent. Stop by for a coupon and to meet Ronald McDonald.
· Every fan has an opinion about the game. At the On The Scene with NHL Tonight™ interactive area sponsored by NHL Network™ and XFINITY, fans will have the chance to be an NHL Network featured correspondent and record a segment to share their NHL Stadium Series experience with friends and family.
· Panini America will be on-hand to give away NHL sticker albums and packs of 2013-14 NHL Stickers. As a bonus, Panini will distribute customized NHL sticker sheets featuring members of the Penguins and Blackhawks. Panini's officially-licensed NHL trading cards and stickers can be found at participating retailers or at iCollectPanini.com.
· Reebok will feature an interactive photo sharing experience for fans in attendance. Fans will be encouraged to #RallyOutside and snap photographs with their favorite team gear. Fans' photos could even be featured on Reebok Hockey's Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages. Photos from the special-edition photo booth will allow fans to build excitement for their favorite teams while taking home memories from the game.
· Don't miss your opportunity to make and take home your very own hockey trading card, compliments of Upper Deck. Stop by the Upper Deck booth to get your free personalized trading card, play some fun games and check out the latest and greatest in hockey cards.
· Verizon will showcase its NHL GameCenter™ mobile app and other innovations. Visitors to the Verizon tent also will have the opportunity to win special prizes, check out exclusive content, receive a commemorative 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series Chicago bracelet and meet an NHL great for autographs.
· WGN Radio is broadcasting live from the Southwest Lawn near the main gate from 3:00 to 6:30 p.m. Morning show host, Steve Cochran, will be joined by his fellow on-air hosts for a special broadcast featuring interviews with popular sports figures and pre-game analysis by Blackhawks radio broadcasters, John Wiedeman and Troy Murray.
|Back to top|