- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2011
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||November 16, 1992
||Rochester, NY, USA
• In 2010-11, he finished second on the team and second among draft-eligible players in the Ontario Hockey League with 88 points (25-63--88) in 59 games. He was near the top of the OHL scoring race before his season was cut short by injury. Prince regularly played on a line with Tyler Toffoli (47th overall by Los Angeles in 2010) and Ryan Martindale (61st overall by Edmonton in 2010) -- the line combined for 42% of Ottawa’s goal scoring this season.
• Prince was voted as the second most improved player and the second-best playmaker by the OHL coaches in the Eastern Conference this season. He scored 30 points (15-15--30) in 2009-10 after splitting the season between Kitchener and Ottawa -- he quietly asked for a trade from Kitchener, with the hopes of having a more prominent role on another OHL team.
• He played his minor hockey with the Syracuse Stars – the same program that had a hand in producing recent NHL draft selection Jeremy Morin (45th overall by Atlanta in 2009, traded to Chicago in 2010) as well as NHLers Dustin Brown, Tim Connolly and Brian Gionta.
• At 5’10”, Prince has fought hard to earn his place among hockey’s elite – “I've been doubted my whole life, from day one. I was either too small - I was a bit of a late-bloomer - and I've seemed to prove those people wrong my whole life. And I think I'm really starting to do that this year, as well.”
NHL team: Buffalo Sabres
NHL player: Daniel Briere and Henrik Sedin
Shootout move: “Fake shot to forehand and then top shelf”
Goal celebration: “Raise the stick”
Video game: Gears of War
Movie: Law Abiding Citizen
TV show: The Office
Actor: Gerard Butler
Cartoon: SpongeBob SquarePants
Pump-up song: “No Love” by Eminem and Lil’ Wayne
Restaurant: The Keg
Sport (other than hockey): Basketball
Breakfast food: Steak and Eggs