- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2011
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||Miami University, CCHA
||April 30, 1993
||Binghamton, NY, USA
• A unanimous choice as captain in 2010-11, Biggs had 28 points (17-11--28) in 48 games competing in the USHL for the U.S. Under-18 National Team Development Program.
• Biggs has represented the U.S. in two Under-18 World Championships, winning gold in 2010 and 2011 -- he scored the overtime goal, his second of the game, in the semifinal against Canada propelling the U.S. to the gold medal game in 2011. He also won gold at the 2009 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge in Timmins, Ontario, scoring both goals in a 2-1 win over Team Ontario in the final.
• His father, Don Biggs, was drafted in 1983 by Minnesota (156th overall) and in 1987 he played 11 games with the Philadelphia Flyers. After a successful stint with the Cincinnati Cyclones in the IHL, his jersey (No. 22) was retired. He is currently the head coach and GM for the Junior ‘A’ Queen City Steam, in the Central States Hockey League.
• He wears number 22 because it is the same number that his father wore and he will attend Miami University, located 40 minutes from his current home, in the fall of 2011.
• Prior to joining the NTDP, Biggs had 40 goals and 87 points in 72 games with the Toronto Jr. Canadiens AAA team in 2008-09.
• One of his favorite movies is Youngblood starring Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, and featuring his father as an on-ice stuntman for the film.
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL player: Jarome Iginla and Dustin Brown
Shootout move: “Close eyes and shoot the puck”
Goal celebration: “One arm with stick in the air”
Video game: NHL 2011
TV show: One Tree Hill
Actress: Sophia Bush
Book: “Playing with Fire” by Peter Robinson
Pump-up song: “Monster” by Skillet
Home-cooked meal: Steak
Activity away from the rink: Golf