- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2008
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||January 13, 1990
||North Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Finished second overall in goals and third overall in points (27-33--60) on the Everett Silvertips in 2007-08.
- Was the only player in the WHL in 2007-08 to average a point-per-game while averaging over three penalty minutes per-game (3.7) -- the next closest player is Kelowna’s Brandon Leavold, who averaged a point per-game with 2.36 penalty minutes per-game.
- Awarded the Jim Piggott Memorial Trophy as the WHL Rookie of the Year after scoring 29 goals (29-32--61) during the 2006-07 season.
- Helped Team Canada finish fourth at the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in 2007 and was named to the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game, but was unable to participate due to injury.
- Helped Team British Columbia finish fourth at the 2007 Canada Winter Games, registering seven points (4-3--7) in five games.
- His most memorable hockey moments are scoring the game-winning goal in overtime against the North West Giants to win the British Columbia provincial championship in 2005 and winning the WHL Rookie of the Year.
- Helped Team British Columbia finish fourth at the 2007 Canada Winter Games – his mom, Rhonda, won gold in women’s volleyball for Team B.C. at the 1979 Canada Winter Games in Brandon, Manitoba.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his cell phone and the one person he would invite to dinner is his favorite player, Calgary’s Jarome Iginla because he plays all roles, is a leader and is someone he looks up to.
- His second cousin is Oakland A’s pitcher Rich Harden.
NHL Team: Montreal
NHL Player: Jarome Iginla
Shootout move: “Fake, shoot – bar, down”
Practice Drill: Run II
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Training Day
TV Show: That 70’s Show
Actress: Jessica Alba
Book: Harry Potter
Pump-up song: “Pain” by Three Days Grace
Food to cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Volleyball
Activity away from the rink: Playing volleyball at the beach
Toy growing up: Hot Wheels
Place to shop: Alderwood Mall
Place to visit: Hawaii