- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2014
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||Sault Ste. Marie, OHL
||March 8, 1990
||Halifax, NS, CAN
- He got his start in hockey at the age of four with Timbits hockey in Halifax after his dad had him skating on the pond at an even earlier age.
- He patterns his game after Calgary's Jarome Iginla because of his willingness to do anything to win and he’s an all-around player.
- His most memorable hockey moments are winning gold at the Under-17 tournament and losing Game 7 to London in the 2007 playoffs – “we came so close and there was so much emotion”.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career – “they helped me keep a level head when I was successful and believed in me through my struggles”.
- The best piece of advice he has ever been given came from Darren Ferris – “Don’t let it make you bitter, let it make you better”.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was lining up for the opening faceoff while the national anthem was starting and the one thing he couldn’t live without is his cell phone.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Jarome Iginla, Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be playing in a rock band.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL Player: Calgary’s Jarome Iginla
Shootout move: “Top shelf backhand”
Goal Celebration: “I thank whoever passed to me”
Practice Drill: Three line shooting
Video Game: Medal of Honor 2
TV Show: Family Guy and CSI: Miami
Actress: Catherine Zeta Jones
Artist: Toby Keith
Book: Runaway Jury by John Grisham
Pump-up song: “Iky Thump” by Whitestripes
Food to cook: Leftovers
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Music – guitar and piano
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Ottawa and Prince Edward Island