• The 6’1” right winger has committed to Denver University for next season.
• In 2009-10, Bennett led the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) in scoring with 120 points (41-79--120) in 56 games, averaging 2.14 points per game. The point total was the most since Tyler Bozak of the Toronto Maple Leafs recorded 128 in 2007.
• He is the only BCHL rookie to record 100+ points in a season in the last seven years; the next highest rookie this season had 80 points, 40 behind Bennett.
• The NHL draft will not be far from home for Bennett who played for the LA Junior Kings in Southern California last year. His first hockey team was the El Segundo Regents and he was a member of the California Selects that won the under-14 national championship in 2006.
• Bennett won a gold medal at the World Junior ‘A’ Challenge in PEI with Team USA and was the only non-USHL member of the team.
• His childhood hockey hero was Ray Ferraro and he got his start in hockey on rollerblades at the age of three because his brother wanted to play.
NHL Team: Los Angeles Kings
NHL Player: Pavel Datsyuk
Shootout move: “Kyle Okposo’s move”
Video Game: Mario Kart
Movie: Law Abiding Citizens
TV Show: Two and Half Men
Actor: Jim Carey
Book: To Kill A Mockingbird
Activity away from the rink: Body boarding