- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2013
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||Roseau High, High-MN
||May 18, 1990
||Bemidji, MN, USA
- He helped lead Roseau to a perfect 25-0 regular season record in 2007-08 and to a Section 8AA championship before finishing fourth at the state tournament.
- His 72 points (28-44--72) in 31 games led all defensemen and placed him 10th overall for Minnesota high school hockey scoring.
- Became the first Roseau player to win the Mr. Hockey award in 2008 (given annually to the top Minnesota high school hockey player) and after his selection Roseau declared March 17-21 “Aaron Ness Week” -- Roseau is a town of just 2,800.
- Participated in the 2008 IIHF Under-18 World Championship and the 2007 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament with Team USA.
- Will play for the University of Minnesota in the fall of 2008.
- He will graduate high school a year early in order to attend the University of Minnesota in the fall of 2008 – In his junior year of high school he took eight classes at school and an additional three online at home.
- His father, also a defenseman, played hockey at the University of North Dakota and was a Chicago seventh round selection in the 1982 NHL Entry Draft.
- Credits his parents for having the most influence on his career – “they have supported me through everything”.
- He patterns his game after Anaheim’s Scott Niedermayer because he is an offensive defenseman and he wears number 10 because it is the same number that his dad wore.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the Minnesota State High School League Championship in 2007 – “always a dream and goal of mine”.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby
Shootout move: “Fake shot, slide to backhand, back to forehand – goal”
Goal celebration: “Old school hand raise”
Practice Drill: “3 on 3 down low”
Movie: Bourne Ultimatum, Rudy and Gladiator
Actor: Matt Damon
Pump-up song: “Thunderstruck” by ACDC
Food to cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Toy growing up: hockey stick
Place to visit: Hawaii