- Finished first among WHL rookie defensemen with 14 goals and third with 34 points (14-20--34).
- Won the hardest shot competition at the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game – his shot registered at 97 miles per hour.
- He patterns his game after Edmonton Oilers defensemen Joni Pitkanen and Sheldon Souray --“Pitkanen, because he’s good offensively and Souray because of his shot”.
- He started skating at the age of three when his dad took him to an outdoor rink and he credits both his parents for having the biggest influence on his career – “they’ve been supporting me ever since I started”.
- If he could have dinner with any three people he would choose: Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Will Smith.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is TV and the one movie he would like to be in is Rocky IV.
- His nickname is “Finn” because he’s from Finland and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be a tennis player.
NHL Team: Atlanta Thrashers
NHL Player: Atlanta’s Ilya Kovalchuk -- “because of his skill to score and shoot the puck”
Shootout move: Shot five hole
Practice Drill: Stretching
Video Game: Call of Duty
TV Show: Family Guy
Actor: Will Smith
Pump-up song: “Bodies” by Drowning Pool
Food to cook: Pasta and meatballs
Sport (other than hockey): Tennis
Activity away from the rink: Watching movies
Place to visit: Paris