- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2014
North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||November 16, 1989
||Kingston, ON, CAN
- Finished third on the Sarnia Sting with 27 goals in 2007-08.
- Was selected to participate in the 2008 Top Prospects Game, picking up a goal in his team’s 8-4 win.
- Was a member of Team Canada at the 2007 World Under-18 Hockey Championship in Finland where he was paired up on a line with fellow draft-eligible teammates Steven Stamkos and Zach Boychuk.
- His uncle is former NHLer and AHL Manitoba Moose head coach Scott Arniel.
- He patterns his game after Ottawa’s Mike Fisher – “the guy does it all out on the ice.”
- His first hockey team was the Kingston Titans and he played in the Ottawa District Minor Hockey Association for 10 years before playing in the OHL.
- His most memorable hockey moment was playing in his first OHL game with the Guelph Storm – “it was very special to me because it was the first step to becoming a pro”.
- The best advice he has ever received is “worry when you’re not getting the chances not when you can’t finish”.
- His nickname is “Arny” and he wears number 11 – one of the numbers that his uncle wore when he played for the St. Louis Blues.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is “Candyman” by Christina Aguilera.
NHL Team: Ottawa Senators
NHL Player: Ottawa’s Mike Fisher
Shootout move: “High glove”
Practice Drill: 2-puck
Video Game: NHL 08
TV Show: Entourage
Actor/Actress: Will Ferrell and Kate Beckinsale
Book: The Hockey News
Pump-up song: “Hands up for Detroit” by Fedde Le Grande
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Toy growing up: hockey stick
Place to shop: Abercrombie and Fitch