- Finished second on his team among defenseman in scoring with 32 points and was the only Ottawa rearguard to finish with a positive plus-minus rating (+4).
- Named the Ottawa 67’s Top Scholastic Player for the first semester of the 2007-08 season.
- Participated in the 2008 IIHF Under-18 World Championships as a member of Team Canada.
- Participated in the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game picking up two assists and was also named to the 2008 OHL All-Star Classic but was unable to participate.
- Named to Team Canada for the 2007 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament; also was a member of Team Ontario at the 2007 Canada Winter Games – won gold.
- Was named as Ottawa’s Rookie of the Year in 2006-07 after posting 19 points (3-16--19).
- Nicknamed “Cooms” or “Lumatime” and he wears number 61 because his favorite number 19 was taken and 61 is number 19 upside down.
- He credits his Mississauga Minor Midget coach (Peter Miller) as having had the most influence on his career for switching him from forward to defense and for teaching him discipline.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was forgetting that there would be two national anthems when Ottawa hosted the Saginaw Spirit this season – “I wasn’t paying attention and I skated away thinking there was only one anthem.”
- His pre-game rituals include: Listening to his iPod until he stretches, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before the game and putting the left side of his equipment on first.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL Player: Hall of Famer Scott Stevens
Shootout move: “Fake backhand then go high forehand”
Goal celebration: Fist pump
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Dumb and Dumber
TV Show: House
Actor/Actress: Denzel Washington and Jessica Biel
Country Singer: Kenny Chesney
Book: The Hockey News magazine
Pump-up song: “Before I forget” - Slipknot
Food to cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Football
Toy growing up: Gameboy
Place to shop: Hollister
Place to visit: Mont Tremblant (Quebec)