- DRAFT PROSPECT CARD - 2016
HEIGHT: 6' 1"
Mid Term Rank: 1
• In his second OHL season, Subban finished fourth in the League with a 2.50 goals-against average and tied for fifth with a 0.923 save percentage. In 39 games he recorded 25 wins and 14 losses.
• He is one of three hockey playing brothers. His older brother, P.K. (43rd overall in 2007), completed his second NHL season with the Montreal Canadiens in 2011-12 and younger brother, Jordan, completed his rookie season with Belleville after being selected fifth overall by the Bulls in the 2011 Ontario Hockey League priority draft.
• In 2010-11, Subban appeared in 32 games with the Belleville Bulls posting 10 wins (10-17-0) and finishing second among OHL rookie goaltenders with a 3.16 goals-against average and a .900 save percentage.
• Subban played for Team Canada at the 2011 World Under-18 Championships earning a shutout in his first game. He finished the tournament with 2.98 goals-against average and a .913 save percentage.
• The starting goalie for the Mississauga Reps in Canada’s 2010 National Midget AAA Championship, Subban led his team to the championship game where he stopped 55 of 58 shots in a losing effort.
• Subban started skating at 22 months and began playing hockey at age three. He played defense until he was 12 before becoming a goaltender. One year after changing positions he was playing AAA in the Greater Toronto Hockey League.
• He wears the number 30 in honor of his idol, New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist -- "I remember watching him in the 2006 Winter Olympics when he won gold and I’ve idolized him ever since”.
• The Subban’s are an athletic family: his father, Karl, was a basketball star at Lakehead University and is the school’s fifth leading scorer all-time; his mother, Maria, ran track in high school; and his oldest sister, Natassia, played basketball at York University, finishing her playing career in 2004 as the Ontario University Athletics all-time leading scorer in women’s basketball.
NHL team: New York Rangers
NHL player: Henrik Lundqvist
Goal celebration: Jaromir Jagr’s salute
Video game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Artist: Eminem and Drake
Movie: Fast Five
TV show: NHL on the Fly and TSN
Pump-up song: ‘Cinderella Man’ by Eminem