- Became the fifth player in Boston University history to be named Hockey East Rookie of the Year after posting 35 points (13-22--35) in 37 games with the Terriers in 2007-08. Wilson finished second in scoring among Hockey East rookies and third in scoring on the BU Terriers.
- Participated in the 2008 World Junior Championships, tying for the goal scoring lead with six (6-1--7) for Team USA.
- Won gold with Team USA at the 2006 IIHF Under-18 World Championship in Sweden and tied for the tournament lead in scoring with 12 points (5-7--12) at the 2007 Under-18 World Championship in helping Team USA to a silver medal.
- His dad, Carey, played 12 seasons in the NHL (Calgary, Hartford and NY Rangers), played for Team Canada at the 1984 Olympics and also helped Team Canada win their first-ever World Junior Championships in 1982.
- His grandfather, Gerry Wilson, had a brief stint in the NHL with the Montreal Canadiens and later was the Winnipeg Jets team doctor.
- His nickname is ‘Willy’ and he wears the same number that his dad wore in the NHL – 33.
- Credits his dad – “he taught me until I was 15” and his coach in Ann Arbor, Ron Rolston – “he developed me into a hockey player”, as having had the most influence in his career.
- The best advice he has every received came from his dad – “it’s all about winning the little battles”.
- Patterns his game after Colorado’s Peter Forsberg – “he is a gritty player with great vision”.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was after scoring a hat trick in an all-star game at the age of 12 – “ I got excited and I did the moon walk. My dad came into the bench telling me if I ever did that again he would take me off the ice”.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his cell phone and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be living in Winnipeg going to the University of Manitoba.
NHL Team: New York Rangers
NHL Player: New York’s Jaromir Jagr
Goal celebration: “conducting the band or the blind man”
Practice Drill: 3 on 1’s
Video Game: Halo
Movie: 8 Mile
TV Show: South Park
Actor: Paul Walker
Artists: Johnny Cash and the Dixie Chicks
Pump-up song: “Maneater” by Nelly Furtado
Food to cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Tennis
Activity away from the rink: Hanging out with the boys
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: Under Armor outlet
Place to visit: Australia