- Helped lead Cloquet to a 15-13-2 record and the state Class AA tournament for only the second time in 15 years in 2006-07.
- Registered 22 goals and 50 points as a junior and posted 21 goals and 43 points this season while logging an average of 25 minutes of ice time a game.
- Was an honorable mention on the 2008 Associated Press All-State Minnesota boys hockey team and was nominated for the Mr. Hockey Award as the outstanding senior high school player in Minnesota.
- Patterns his game after Washington's Alex Ovechkin – “I play the same style as he does, skating and scoring goals”.
- His nickname is ‘Jok’ and he wears his favorite number 14 because he’s had it since he was little.
- Played on his first hockey team with the Carlton Bulldogs and starting skating at the age of three.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career – “they have pushed me over the years to get better”.
- His most memorable hockey moment was “scoring a hat trick against our team rival, Duluth East, to win the game 4-2”.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Wayne Gretzky – “he was one of the best hockey players to ever play”, Alex Ovechkin – “he is my favorite player” and Adam Sandler – “he is hilarious”.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was forgetting a glove when he was young and having to wear a winter glove and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is “The One” by Backstreet Boys.
- He couldn’t live without hockey rinks and if he could be any one movie he would choose Slapshot.
NHL Team: New Jersey Devils
NHL Player: Washington’s Alex Ovechkin
Shootout move: “Fake shot, stick handle left, back right and five hole”
Practice Drill: Shootout and Scrimmage
Video Game: Mario Bros.
TV Show: Seinfeld
Actor: Chris Farley
Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Pump-up song: “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
Food to cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Football
Activity away from the rink: Hunting and fishing
Toy growing up: Cars
Place to shop: American Eagle and Abercrombie
Place to visit: Florida