- Named Brandon’s Hardest Working Player in 2007-08 after finishing second in team scoring and fourth overall in WHL Rookie scoring with 64 points (24-40--64).
- Was named the WHL Player of the Week for the week ending March 9, 2008 after he posted three goals and six assists in four games for Brandon.
- Teamed up with Scott Glennie and Brayden Schenn to form a high scoring all-rookie line for most of the 2007-08 season.
- Played for the Brandon Youth Hockey Association for 13 seasons and helped lead his Midget AAA team to the 2006-07 provincial championship title. He posted 28 goals and 55 assists on the season.
- Began playing the game at the age of six, following in the footsteps of his two older brothers.
- Patterns his game after Tampa Bay’s Martin St. Louis “because he is relatively the same size and plays a similar game”.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career “because they allowed me to play and always supported me in every decision I’ve made”.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the AAA Midget Championships because it showed him what it takes to win a championship.
- The best advice he ever received came from his coach Cam Plante – “Don’t get too high on your highs and too low on your lows”.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Martin St. Louis
Shootout move: “Pavel Datsyuk – backhand drag top-shelf”
Goal celebration: “one knee down, fist pump”
Practice Drill: “5 on 5 D-Zone”
Video Game: NHL 2008
Movie: Da Vinci Code
TV Show: Two and Half Men
Actor: Denzel Washington
Singer: Tim McGraw
Book: Hockey Tough by Saul Miller
Pump-up song: “Rock You Like a Hurricane” by the Scorpions
Food to cook: Pasta and grilled cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Vancouver