• In 2009-10, Pickard led all Western Hockey League goaltenders in minutes played (3688), total saves (2207) and finished sixth overall in save-percentage (0.914). Despite the Thunderbirds 19-41-7-5 record, his workload didn’t go unnoticed and he was a finalist for the 2010 WHL Goaltender of the Year.
• Pickard faced more than 40 shots on 20 different occasions in 2009-10. He was an impressive 3-0-1 when facing more than 50 shots -- highlighted by a 57-save shutout on October 2, 2009.
• His brother, Chet, a 2008 first round draft pick (18th overall by Nashville) currently plays for the Milwaukee Admirals in the American Hockey League after spending four seasons (2005-06 to 2008-09) with the Tri-City Americans in the WHL.
• He represented Canada at the 2010 Under-18 World Championships and won gold at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament.
• As a rookie in 2008-09, Pickard played 47 games (26-16-1-4) for Seattle, leading all rookie goaltenders in wins (26) and ranking third in save-percentage (0.896).
• Before playing in the WHL, Pickard played for the Winnipeg Wild Midget AAA posting a 1.91 goals-against average in 2007-08. As a bantam in 2006-07, he won a Manitoba Championship as well as the Top Goaltender award at the Western Canadian Championships.
NHL Team: New Jersey Devils
NHL Player: Roberto Luongo
Goal celebration: “I would go crazy if I scored a goal”
Video Game: Call of Duty
Movie: Dumb and Dumber
TV Show: Family Guy
Actress: Megan Fox
Music Group: Doc Walker
Book: “Talent is Overrated” by Geoffrey Calvin
Pump-up song: “Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson
Home-cooked meal: Steak and potatoes
Activity away from the rink: Hanging out with friends