|Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced on August 3, 2011 that Kevyn Adams had been selected as the team’s new Assistant Coach. Adams joins Head Coach Lindy Ruff and Assistant Coach James Patrick behind the bench for the 2011-12 season.|
Adams joined the Sabres’ coaching staff in 2009 as Player Development Coach. His primary duties during the past two seasons have been working with players on their individual skills through on-ice drills and off-ice video sessions.
Prior to joining the Sabres’ coaching staff, Adams played 10 seasons in the NHL, collecting 136 points on 59 goals and 77 assists in 540 games. The Clarence, NY native was selected 25th overall in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Adams went on to play for six clubs, including the Maple Leafs, Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, Phoenix Coyotes and Chicago Blackhawks. During the 2005-06 season, Adams set a career high in goals (15) and was named an assistant captain while playing a key role in leading the Hurricanes to their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.
- Returned to the lineup on Mar.9th vs. Edmonton after missing 53 games with a torn ACL
- Sufffered a torn ACL in his left knee vs. Columbus on Nov. 7, 2007
- First point for the Blackhawks (assist) vs. Detroit on Oct. 6, 2007
- Played his first game for the Blackhawks at Minnesota on Oct. 4, 2007
- Pre-Season: 5 gp - 0-2=2 - 6 pim
- Played in 500th NHL game vs. Chicago on March 10, 2007
- Was a member of the 2005-06 Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup Championship team
- Has also played for Columbus, Florida, Carolina, and Phoenix
- Signed as a free agent with Toronto on August 10, 1997 and made his NHL debut with the Leafs in the 1997-98 season
- Was Boston's 1st round pick (25th overall) in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft
CCHA Second All-Star Team (1995) Signed as a free agent by Toronto, August 7, 1997. Claimed by Columbus from Toronto in Expansion Draft, June 23, 2000. Traded to Florida by Columbus with Columbus's 4th round choice (Mike Woodford) in 2001 Entry Draft for Ray Whitney and future considerations, March 13, 2001. Traded to Carolina by Florida with Bret Hedican and Tomas Malec for Sandis Ozolinsh and Byron Ritchie, January 16, 2002. Signed as a free agent by Dusseldorf (Germany), February 13, 2005. Traded to Phoenix by Carolina for Dennis Seidenberg, January 8, 2007. Traded to Chicago by Phoenix for Radim Vrbata, August 11, 2007. Missed majority of 2007-08 season recovering from knee injury suffered in game vs. Columbus, November 7, 2007.