Quenneville was named CCM Forward of the Week after finishing with four goals and four assists in two games. He had a pair of power-play goals and an assist in a 5-2 defeat of Team USA on Friday. One night later he had two goals and three assists in a 7-1 defeat of the Chicago Steel.
Renouf was honored as CCM Defenseman of the Week after he had two goals and two assists in two games over the weekend. He had a pair of goals, one shorthanded, in the Phantoms' 5-0 win at Des Moines on Friday. On Saturday he had a pair of assists in a 4-3 loss to Des Moines.
Jensen earned a share of the Reebok Goaltender of the Week award after picking up a pair of wins and stopping 54 of 56 shots in two games. He stopped all 26 shots he faced Friday in a 9-0 win against Team USA for his first USHL shutout. A night later, he stopped 28 of 30 shots to lead Fargo to a 5-2 win against the Muskegon Lumberjacks.
Here is how a few other 2013 NHL Draft prospects in the USHL performed over the weekend:
* Fargo teammates Gabe Guertler and David Gust had big weekends. Each had two goals and an assist in the Force's 9-0 win at Team USA on Friday. On Saturday, Gust had two goals and Guertler had a pair of assists in Fargo's 5-2 win at Muskegon.
* Cedar Rapids defenseman Clark Kuster had three assists, including one on the game-winning goal, in the Rough Riders' 5-3 win at Sioux City. Jared Kolquist had two goals and an assist in a losing effort for the Musketeers.
* Youngstown goalie Sean Romeo stopped all 33 shots he faced in a 5-0 win at Des Moines on Friday.
* Tri-City defenseman Nolan Gluchowski had two goals Friday in the Storm's 4-3 loss to the Waterloo Black Hawks, and had a goal and an assist in Tri-City's 6-3 win Saturday against Waterloo.
* Taylor Cammarata had two assists in Waterloo's 4-3 win at Tri-City on Friday, giving him a league-leading 38 points in 20 games.
* Dubuque's Frank DiChiara had two goals and two assists, Niklas Nevalainen had four assists and John Stevens had three goals in the Fighting Saints' 7-1 defeat of Chicago on Saturday.
* Tri-City right wing Grant Opperman had two goals and an assist Saturday in the Storm's 6-3 defeat of Waterloo. In a losing effort, Black Hawks right wing John Witala had two goals.
* Omaha center Kyle Osterberg had a goal and two assists in the Lancers' 5-1 win against Sioux Falls on Sunday.
Contact Adam Kimelman at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK
|Back to top|