• Sprong paced the Islanders in goals (39), assists (49) and points (39-49—88) for a second straight season to power the club to a second place finish in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s Maritimes Division. He added 11 points (7-4—11) in 10 playoff games to help Charlottetown win a playoff series for the first time since 2004.
• In 2013-14, Sprong finished second among QMJHL rookies with 68 points (30-38—68) in 67 games en route to being named to the League’s All-Rookie Team.
• Sprong started his minor hockey career in Amsterdam, where it was a 45-minute drive to the only arena in the city. There were so few hockey players in town that at age four and five he played on a team of 12- and 13-year-olds.
• The Sprong family moved to Montreal when Daniel was seven to aid his development in hockey. His father, Hannie, played professional hockey in Holland in the early 1990s.
• He averaged more than three points per game with the Lac St-Louis Tigres while playing midget hockey in Quebec in 2012-13, finishing the season with 104 points (48-56—104) in 30 games. The Islanders later selected him in the first round (13th overall) of the 2013 QMJHL Entry Draft.
• He looks to become the first hockey player born in the Netherlands to play in the NHL since defenseman Ed Kea (Weesp, Netherlands) played five seasons with the Atlanta Flames (1974-79) and four with the St. Louis Blues (1979-83).
• Sprong and teammate David Henley (No. 95 NA Skater) were featured on Sportsnet’s show Draft Year, which followed six Canadian Hockey League players ahead of the 2015 NHL Draft.
NHL team: Montreal Canadiens NHL player: Patrick Kane Shootout move: "Fake shot, forehand, backhand" Goal celebration: "One knee, first pump" Video game: FIFA Movie: 22 Jump Street TV show: Suits Actor: Kevin Hart, Adam Sandler Musician: Eminem Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Football, soccer Athlete (non-hockey): LeBron James