• In his sophomore season in the Western Hockey League, Carlo collected 25 points (4-21—25) in 63 games while serving as an assistant captain for the Americans.
• Carlo recalls being in the starting lineup against Canada at the 2015 World Junior Championship as his most memorable hockey moment: “I got chills because of how loud it was and it’s something I’ll never forget.” He also represented the U.S. at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, earning a silver medal.
• In 2012-13, Carlo wore the “C” and compiled 47 points (10-37—47) in 41 games for the Colorado Thunderbirds under-16 team.
• The Colorado Springs, Colo., native played football in his youth and was introduced to hockey at age five when he began playing roller hockey with his neighbors.
• Carlo grew up idolizing Hockey Hall of Fame defenseman Rob Blake after seeing him play for the Colorado Avalanche while attending his first NHL game.
NHL team: Colorado Avalanche NHL player: Nathan MacKinnon, Erik Johnson Shootout move: "Fake shot, shoot five hole" Goal celebration: "Hands in the air" Video game: Call of Duty Movie: American Sniper TV show: Nashville Actor: Julianne Hough Musician: Chris Young Sport (other than hockey): Football, volleyball Athlete (non-hockey): Peyton Manning