• In 2010-11, Tesink led all Saint John rookies in scoring with 35 points (8-27--35) in 59 games helping the Sea Dogs tie a league record for most wins in a season with 58 and go undefeated at home in regulation (32-0-1-1).
• In Game 4 of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship series against Gatineau, he ended the longest game in the history of the President’s Cup Final, connecting 19:16 into the second overtime.
• A Saint John minor hockey product, he is one of nine Saint John Sea Dogs ranked by Central Scouting who helped the Sea Dogs become the first team from the Maritime Provinces to win the Memorial Cup.
• His older brother, Brad, played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with Gatineau in 2005-06.
• Marty Murray, former captain of the Saint John Flames (AHL), was his childhood hockey hero and his most memorable hockey moment is scoring his first QMJHL goal, in his first game, at home in front of family and friends.
• Tesink competed at the 2010 Canadian Ball Hockey Championship and represented Team Atlantic at the World Under-17 Challenge.
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL player: Pavel Datsyuk Shootout move: “Backhand to forehand” Goal celebration: “Jump into the glass” Video game: Madden ‘11 Movie: Remember the Titans TV show: How I Met Your Mother Actor: Charlie Sheen Website: YouTube.com Pump-up song: “Numb” by Linkin Park Sport (other than hockey): Baseball Breakfast food: Bacon Superhero: Batman
It's a tribute to him, and everything he's done and deserved is coming to fruition tonight with his jersey in the rafters. He's going to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. And I said today, if he's not, take my stuff out. If he doesn't deserve to be in there first ballot, no one does. Except for (Wayne) Gretzky, I guess.
— Hockey Hall of Fame member Brett Hull on former teammate Mike Modano, whose No. 9 was retired by the Dallas Stars on Saturday