• Huberdeau won the Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy as the 2011 Memorial Cup MVP – he finished with three goals and six points in Saint John's four games, including an overtime winner. He became the sixth forward in 12 years to be named MVP of his league playoffs and the Memorial Cup, joining Brad Richards (2000), Danny Groulx (2002), Derek Roy (2003), Corey Perry (2005) and Taylor Hall (2009).
• In 2010-11, he finished third in the QMJHL with 105 points (43-62--105) in 67 games and set new single-season club records for Saint John in both points and assists. His plus-59 rating ranked first in the league.
• He is one of nine Saint John Sea Dogs on the Central Scouting list, which also includes both of his linemates – Tomas Jurco (No. 20 ranked) and Zack Phillips (No. 15 ranked). All three finished the season with seven game-winning goals.
• In 2010, he helped lead the Sea Dogs to the QMJHL final, setting a franchise record for most post-season goals by a rookie (11) and finishing second among rookies in playoff points (11-7--18) in 21 games. He also represented Team Quebec at the 2010 World Under-17 Challenge and competed for Canada to win a gold medal at the 2010 Ivan Hlinka Memorial.
• With French as his first language, Huberdeau decided to attend an English speaking high school to open more doors academically and potentially help him if he made it to the NHL.
• A hidden family talent is music – his younger sister sings the national anthem before some of the Sea Dogs’ home games. While Jonathan admits he’s not as talented, he does like to sing, even if it’s just in the shower.
NHL team: Montreal Canadiens NHL player: Mike Ribeiro and Jordan Staal Shootout move: “Come down left side, fake backhand, go to forehand, and shoot” Goal celebration: “Fist pump” Video Game: NHL ‘11 TV Show: Entourage Actor/Actress: Johnny Depp, Megan Fox Website: RDS.ca Sport (other than hockey): Tennis Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: Batman
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads