• In 2010-11, Ritchie tallied 21 goals and 41 points (21-20--41) in 49 games; he missed a portion of the season, including a chance to play in the CHL Top Prospects Game, because of mononucleosis.
• He competed for Canada at the 2011 Under-18 World Championships, finishing tied for second on the team with four goals (4-3--7) in seven games. He scored two goals in the semi-final against the U.S. and had a goal and an assist against Russia in the bronze-medal game.
• 15 year old brother, Nicholas, was selected second overall by the Peterborough Petes in the 2011 Ontario Hockey League draft. Nicholas, a left winger, played for the Toronto Marlboros this season, tallying 95 points (50-45--95) in 68 games – he is draft eligible in 2014.
• Athletics have been a big part of the Ritchie family -- his father, Paul, played in the OHL and for Brock University, his mother, Tammy, was a three-sport athlete, excelling in volleyball, softball and basketball and both Brett and Nicholas played competitive lacrosse growing up.
• A Standardbred racehorse inspired Brett’s name -- his dad trains racehorses and one of his all-time favorites was named Bret Hanover, "I always liked the name Bret, from the horse, and just thought it was a neat name."
NHL player: Ryan Getzlaf Shootout move: “Shot low blocker” Goal celebration: “Hands in the air” Video game: Call of Duty Movie: Black Hawk Down TV show: Jersey Shore Actor: Adam Sandler Music artist: Lady Gaga Pump-up song: “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled Home-cooked meal: Steak and mashed potatoes with vegetables Activity away from the rink: Fishing
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads