• He has committed to the University of North Dakota for the fall of 2011.
• At the 2011 Under-18 World Championships, Miller led the U.S. with 13 points (4-9--13) and was named one of Team USA’s top three players. They rallied from a two-goal deficit to defeat Sweden 4-3 for the gold medal – the victory gave the U.S. its third straight gold medal and sixth in tournament history.
• In 2010-11, playing in the United States Hockey League with the U.S. National Team Development Program, he ranked third on the team with 37 points and second with 26 assists.
• A Pittsburgh Hornet alum, he is one of four former Hornets to be ranked by Central Scouting for this year’s draft -- goaltenders John Gibson (No. 1 ranked goaltender) and Michael Houser (No. 19 ranked goaltender) and forward Brandon Saad (No. 19 ranked).
• The best gift he has received was a bow and arrow from his dad and one unknown fact about him is that he’s afraid of goats at the petting zoo.
NHL team: Pittsburgh Penguins NHL player: Pittsburgh’s Deryk Engelland Shootout move: “Front fake, backhand, forehand, top shelf” Goal celebration: “Arms in the Air” Video game: FIFA World Cup 2011 Movie: The Hangover TV show: That 70’s Show Actor/ Actress: Nick Swardson, Megan Fox Music Artist: Drake Website: Facebook.com, Youtube.com Book: Tough Guy by Bob Probert Pump-up song: “Feel Good Drag” by Anberlin Home-cooked meal: Hamburger Helper Activity away from the rink: “Hanging with the boys”
I challenged him to a goalie fight when we chatted before the game, but he didn't want to go. It was strange to see him at the other end of the ice, but I'm sure he felt the same way looking down at our end.
— Vancouver goalie Eddie Lack joking about facing his former teammate Roberto Luongo after the Canucks' win against the Panthers