• At the 2011 Memorial Cup, he had a team-leading and tournament-tying four goals in four games helping Saint John became the first team from the Maritime Provinces to win the tournament.
• Jurco helped Saint John to the 2011 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship, recording 18 points (6-12--18) in 19 games. During the regular season, the Sea Dogs tied the QMJHL record for most wins in a season with 58 and went undefeated at home in regulation (32-0-1-1) to enter the 2011 playoffs as the top-seed in the QMJHL.
• He is one of nine Saint John Sea Dogs on the Central Scouting rankings list, which also includes two of his frequent linemates – Jonathan Huberdeau (No. 3 ranked) and Zack Phillips (No. 15 ranked). All three finished the season with seven game-winning goals.
• Jurco represented Slovakia at the 2011 World Junior Championships, recording a goal in six games with an even plus-minus rating.
• His older sister, Petra, was a member of Slovakia's Olympic women's team at the 2010 Olympics; both players wear the number 13 -- “I feel better with 13. I feel like I'm home.'' He got his start in hockey at five when his parents tried to sign his sister up to play.
• A YouTube sensation, he has several videos showcasing his stickhandling tricks and shootout moves online that have been viewed more than 150,000 times.
NHL player: Marian Gaborik and Marian Hossa Shootout move: “Spin-o-rama” Video game: NHL 2010 Movie: The Hangover TV show: Two and a Half Men Actress: Emma Watson Website: Facebook.com Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Breakfast food: Scrambled eggs
We were thinking about Rich back home, but I thought we did a great job getting mentally ready for this game. We're still in a big playoff push and we found a way to get two points. It's not easy. It hit our guys pretty good [Monday] night. We did a great job as a group.
— Dallas captain Jamie Benn on the Stars' OT victory against the St. Louis Blues the night after Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench