• In 2010-11, his first season in the Ontario Hockey League, he finished fourth on his team and fifth among OHL rookies with 58 points (29-29-058) in 61 games. Jensen tied for the team lead with seven goals (7-4--11) in the 2011 playoffs before the Generals were eliminated in the second round by Niagara.
• Jensen joins three Oshawa Generals forwards on the Central Scouting final rankings list – Boone Jenner (No. 18 ranked), Lucas Lessio (No. 46 ranked) and Colin Suellentrop (No. 140 ranked).
• He helped Denmark win the Division I 2011 World Junior Championships in Slovenia earning Denmark a spot in the same group as Canada and the U.S. at the 2012 championship. While playing in the top Danish league in the 2009-10 season, he tallied 26 points in 34 games (12-14--26), earning Rookie of the Year recognition.
• His father, Dan, who was born in Canada, played a few years in the OHL before spending 16 seasons playing professional hockey in Denmark. He had 175 goals and 954 penalty minutes in 549 games from 1989-2005. He also competed for Denmark at the 2003 World Championship, scoring a goal in Denmark’s 2-2 tie with Team Canada.
• Jensen speaks Danish and English fluently as his father spoke English at home and his mother, Majbritt, spoke Danish.
• Ottawa forward Peter Regin is his childhood hockey idol – “he’s a few years older than me, now playing in the NHL and he’s also from my hometown.”
NHL team: Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals NHL player: Alexander Ovechkin Shootout move: “Ovechkin fake-shot deke” Goal celebration: “Ovechkin going nuts” Video game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Stepbrothers TV show: Simpsons Actor: Will Ferrell Music Artist: Nephew Website: Facebook.com Book: “A Danish Book” Pump-up song: “Here comes the boom” by Nelly Home-cooked meal: “Mom’s food” Activity away from the rink: Video games