• A stay-at-home defenseman, Peters scored his first career Ontario Hockey League goal versus Sault Ste. Marie on Oct. 11, 2013 and finished the 2013-14 season with nine points (3-6—9) in 50 games.
• He is the third in a line of brothers to play in the OHL, following goaltenders Justin and Anthony, both of whom he names as his childhood hockey idols. Justin Peters (drafted 38th overall by Carolina in 2004) has played the past five seasons with the Hurricanes and Anthony is a two-time Canadian Interuniversity Sport all-star with the Saint Mary’s University Huskies.
• Peters debuted with Plymouth in 2012-13 as a 16-year-old, finishing with 12 assists and a plus-nine rating in 58 regular season games. The Whalers finished first in the West Division and reached the conference finals against London, with Peters registering a plus-four rating and one assist in 13 playoff games.
• A graduate of the Huron Perth Lakers minor hockey program, Peters finished second among Lakers defenseman with 13 points (8-5—13) in his Minor Midget AAA year, behind only Jacob Middleton (No. 172-ranked North American skater). Peters added two assists in four games at the 2012 OHL Cup.
• Peters won a track and field silver medal in the 200 meter sprint at the all-Ontario (OFSAA) high school championship in 2012.
NHL team: Carolina Hurricanes NHL player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Low blocker, wrist shot” Goal celebration: “Stick and hands in the air” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: Happy Gilmore TV show: Friday Night Lights Actor: Will Ferrell Music group: Zac Brown Band Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Golf