• In 2013-14, Schmaltz led Green Bay and finished in a tie for seventh in the United States Hockey League with 63 points (18-45—63) in 55 games.
• Nick’s brother, Jordan, was drafted in the first round (25th overall) by St. Louis in the 2012 NHL Draft and currently skates for the University of North Dakota. Nick has committed to join his brother at the University of North Dakota for the fall of 2014.
• Schmaltz became the youngest member of the USHL All-Rookie Team at 17 years of age in 2012-13 after posting 52 points (18-34—52) in 64 games for the Gamblers.
• He led the U.S. in scoring with nine points (5-4—9) in a silver medal outing at the 2013 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and won gold at the 2013 World Junior A Challenge, finishing as the tournament’s top scorer with 12 points (4-8—12) in four games. He was named the tournament’s Most Valuable Player and his 12 points broke the previous scoring record of 11 shared by Kyle Turris (selected third overall by Phoenix in 2007) in 2006 and Mike Connolly in 2007.
• Schmaltz patterns his game after his hockey idol, Patrick Kane.
NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks NHL player: Patrick Kane Shootout Move: “Fake shot, backhand, forehand, high glove” Goal celebration: “Glass jump” Video game: Call of Duty Movie: Four Brothers TV show: Law and Order Actor: Mark Wahlberg Music group: Florida Georgia Line Website: NHL.com Sport (other than hockey): Golf Athlete (non-hockey): LeBron James Twitter follow: @CraigJButton